Tips for Passing Microsoft MCSA SQL Server Certification Exams for Programmers
Microsoft SQL Server is a product of Microsoft Corporation. SQL (structured query language) is a programming language used in database management. It allows database administrators to manipulate data which fits specific criteria. It is an easy programming language to learn and it is very important when it comes to SQL Servers. To operate this Server, you are required to be trained and learn how it works.
Luckily, Microsoft offers various SQL certifications. There are several SQL credentials available ranging from foundation-level (MTA) to expert-level (MCSE).
Luckily, Microsoft offers various SQL certifications. There are several SQL credentials available ranging from foundation-level (MTA) to expert-level (MCSE). These credentials demonstrate your proficiency in dealing with Microsoft SQL Servers. There are several certification paths to become SQL certified. You can register for exams online in two ways:
- Through Certiport, if you are a student
- Through Pearson VUE, if you are not a student (but you must meet the exam requirements)
Read More About Microsoft Certifications Below
Although Microsoft provides its training through third-party organizations, its credibility and reliability are unquestionable. This article takes a look at the specific certifications within Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate level (MCSA) based on the current Microsoft SQL 2016 & 2012/2014
Microsoft MCSA SQL Server 2002/2014
EXAM 70-461 – MCSA Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014
EXAM 70-462 – MCSA Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014 Databases
EXAM 70-463 MCSA Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014https://www.pass4itsure.com/70-463.html
- MCSA: SQL 2016 Business Intelligence Development
This is one of the three MCSA SQL certifications available. This particular credential authenticates your skills in the application of ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load), development of business intelligence solutions, and implementation of OLAP (Online Analytical Processing) cubes. For this credential, you are required to have a piece of relevant foundational knowledge in the field or MTA certification. To earn this certification, you must pass 2 exams:
- 70-767: Implementing an SQL Data Warehouse
The exam is targeted at data warehouse developers and ETL data integrators who develop business intelligence (BI) solutions. The major skills tested on this exam are the implementation of a data warehouse, proficiency in ETL, and cleansing of data. Exam format varies from multi-choice questions to simulated tests. $165 is charged for the exam.
- 70-768: Developing SQL Data Models
This is the second exam which is targeted at business intelligence developers who create solutions that require the implementation of tabular data models and multi-dimensional data models as well as implementation and maintenance of OLAP cubes. The exam is available online at a price of $165.
- MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Administration
This credential confirms your skills in installing, provisioning, maintaining, and configuring databases. IT professionals who possess relevant foundational skills or MTA certification qualify for this credential. As a requirement, it is mandatory that you pass these 2 exams:
- 70-764: Administering a SQL Database Infrastructure
This exam tests your skills in creating database systems, ensuring system efficiency, regular data storage, backup management, database restoration, and data security. Passing this test means that you are good at the specific skills tested. The exam comprises of multi-choice questions and costs $165.
Visit PrepAway: https://www.pass4itsure.com/
- 70-765: Provisioning SQL Databases
This particular exam is designed for infrastructure specialists, architects, and senior developers who are experienced in data synchronization techniques, data storage options, and Cloud service models. For this credential, you need to possess the skills in Azure application integration with external resources, models deployment, and database upgrading and migration. The 70-765 exam tests your ability to perform tasks such as managing databases and instances, implementing SQL in Azure, and storage management. 2 retakes are allowed if you do not pass this test. The fee charged for the exam is $165.
- MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Development
This credential validates your professional skills in working with both Cloud-based databases and on-premises databases. In order to earn it, you are required to pass 2 exams:
- 70-761: Querying Data with Transact-SQL
This exam is targeted at system developers, engineers, and SQL database administrators with at least 2 years of experience who wish to demonstrate and validate their skills in query writing. To get this certification, you need to possess knowledge and skills in managing data with Transact-SQL, programming databases and querying data with advanced Transact-SQL. The exam fee is $165.
- 70-762: Developing SQL Databases
Professionals who can ensure high availability of data and database builders across the organizations are the main target here. The exam tests the candidate’s skills in the implementation of programmability objects, database concurrency management, database optimization, database design, and database implementation. The test costs $165.
These exams require prior preparation so that you can answer questions with ease. Luckily, there are several options regarding exam preparation. You can opt for 5-days instructor-led training, self-assisted online training, practice tests, and exam dumps, which available online on various websites. Alternatively, you can purchase specific books online and use them to prepare.
Benefits of Microsoft SQL Certification
- These certifications authenticate your skills. This is important because you can prove that you are updated on the latest SQL concepts to your employers.
- It enables you to advance your knowledge and abilities. You will gain new skills that will help improve your productivity and help your career to grow.
- Certification makes it easy to secure a promotion or a pay raise. This is due to the new skills that are beneficial to your employer and demand better compensation.
- The credentials make your resume appealing. Having an additional credential on your CV may attract employers and land your dream job.
- A satisfactory feeling of accomplishment. Achieving another credential is a success, and you ought to be proud of it. The satisfaction you get is unimaginable!
- Microsoft certifications are accepted globally. This means that you can apply for a job in any organization that uses Microsoft SQL Servers anywhere in the world.
Microsoft SQL servers are widely used, and as a result, more professionals are required to fill the gaps. Consequently, it opens a vast room for employment. Some of the opportunities are database infrastructure specialist, data analyst, and web developer. The average salary for these jobs is definitely a 6 figure. The professionals with this certification earn about $60,000-$95,000 annually.